Order of Protection FAQs

Who should I call for an Order of Protection (sometimes referred to as a restraining order)?

If you have an open parenting plan or dissolution case: Janiece Hamilton, 758-2108

If you live in the city limits of Kalispell, Whitefish, or Columbia Falls (and have no open parenting plan or dissolution case): Amy Meyer, 261-9077

If you live outside of any city limits: Janiece Hamilton, 758-2108

Who can apply for an order of protection?

Orders of protection are intended to address intimate partner violence. (They are not the intended solution for neighborly disputes.) Orders of protection are for people who feel afraid of their partner as a result of violence or threats of violence that have been committed.